Weekly Food Recall Roundup
If you shop at Randall’s, Tom Thumb, or Albertsons stores, PLEASE READ THIS WEEK’S RECALL LIST of potentially harmful foods you may have in your pantry or refrigerator right now that could hurt or kill the ones you love. This week’s list of the latest food recalls comes to you as a courtesy of The Merman Law Firm, experts in injuries caused by food poisoning cases. Please share it with your friends.
The presence of food allergens should be taken very seriously. These can sometimes have mild symptoms, but they can also be life threatening. Keep an eye out for the chocolate and chicken you’re eating this week.
- GKI Foods are recalling the following products for the possibility of an undeclared milk allergen:
-Dark Chocolate Almond
-Dark Chocolate Banana Chips
-Dark Chocolate Blueberries
-Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
-Dark Chocolate Cashews
-Dark Chocolate Cherries
-Dark Chocolate Coconut
-Dark Chocolate Coconut Almonds
-Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans
-Dark Chocolate Cranberries
-Dark Chocolate Ginger
-Dark Chocolate Peanuts
-Dark Chocolate Pecans
-Dark Chocolate Pineapple
-Dark Chocolate Powerberry
-Dark Chocolate Pretzel Balls
-Dark Chocolate Raisins
-Dark Chocolate Ginger Snap Cookies
-Dark Chocolate Strawberries
-Dark Chocolate Turbinado Sea Salt Almonds
-Dark Chocolate Pretzel Nibs
- Meijer, in cooperation with the GKI Foods LLC recall of dark chocolate products, are recalling the following products for an undeclared milk allergen:
– Meijer Bulk Dark Chocolate Almonds 18 oz. UPC # 7-19283-40301-8.
– Meijer Bulk Dark Chocolate Cashews 18 oz. UPC # 7-19283-40302-5.
– Meijer Bulk Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans. UPC # 7-19283-40313-1.
- 21st Century Snack Foods are recalling some of their Dark Chocolate Almonds for an undeclared milk allergen. The affected products are packaged in a 6 oz. peg/stand up bag. They have the UPC # 030603 228549. The Lot #’s are 16100 thru 17300.
- Rucker’s Wholesale and Service Co are recalling all of their Uncle Buck’s and Family Choice Dark Chocolate Peanuts packaged in an 8.5 oz. standup twist tie bag for an undeclared milk allergen. The affected products were sold between March 7, 2016 and October 30, 2017. They have the UPC # 0 52545 10226 8.
- Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies, Inc. are recalling The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans for an undeclared milk allergen. The affected products have best by codes ranging from 05/11/17 thru 10/09/18. They have UPC #s 400013041067, 400013041098 and 400013041098.
- Taylor Farms Florida are recalling the following ready-to-eat products for an undeclared fish allergen:
-9.75-oz. plastic bowls containing “Taylor Farms American Style Pasta Salad” with a “USE BY 11/01/17” and case code of TFFLD 295 L5 EA.
-9.75-oz. plastic bowls containing “Taylor Farms American Style Pasta Salad” with a “USE BY 11/02/17” and case code of TFFLD 296 L5 JP.
Food poisoning is most commonly caused by pathogens (bacteria, viruses and parasites) in food that we eat. Listeria monocytogenes is the biggest concern this week, but we do have a case of E. coli as well.
- Triple B Corporation are recalling the following Alaska Carrot Brand products because of the possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes:
-Broccoli Crunch Kit. UPC # 97327 10070 6. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Broccoli Florets. UPC # 45009 00410 9. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Stir Fry Kit. UPC # 45009 85749 1. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Veggie Medley. UPC # 45009 00332 4. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Veggie Pack with Dressing. UPC # 45009 35124 1. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Veggie Platter. UPC # 97327 07008 5. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Veggie Tray w/Cauliflower. UPC # 45009 00633 2. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
-Veggie Tray w/Dip. UPC # 45009 01155 8. Pack Date: 10/13/2017. Use By: 10/20/2017
- Triple B Corporation are also recalling the following salad kits and stir fry mixes for the possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes:
– Asparagus Salad Kit. UPC # 45009 85722 4. Cut On: 10/8/2017
– Broccoli Salad Kit. UPC # 45009 85362 2. Use by Dates: 10/14/2017 to 10/26/2017
– Thai Veggie Kit. UPC # 45009 85454 4. Use By: 10/4/17 to 10/16/2017
– Mix Stir Fry Veg-LG. UPC # 45009 85517 6. Packed On: 10/6/2017
– Salad Kit, Super Slaw CPF. UPC # 45009 87788 8. Use by Dates: 10/15/2017 to 10/21/2017
– Stir Fry (GL). UPC # 45009 85367 7. Use by Dates: 10/10/2017 to 10/17/2017
– Stir Fry Mix – BULK. UPC # 45009 85374 5. Cut on Dates: 10/4/2017 to 10/11/2017
- Randall’s, Tom Thumb and Albertsons stores in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas are recalling the Ready. Chef. Go! Cod Fillet seafood meal bag for the possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes. The UPC # starts with 231201. Use by Dates: Up to and including 10-22-17
- Haig’s Delicacies LLC are recalling 342 cases of their Taboule Salad, from lot # 17298 with an expiration date of 11/16/17, because they may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O157:H7 bacteria (E. Coli O157:H7).
If you or a loved one have been affected by any of these products, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses. At The Merman Law Firm, our lawyers have years of experience in food poisoning cases, and will work hard to recover any losses you may have incurred from lost wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering. If you think that you may have a case, fill out our free case evaluation form.