Trucking Accident Lawyer
Why Choose the Merman Law Firm for Your Truck Accident Case?
The lawyers and staff at the Merman Law Firm are dedicated to providing the highest possible level of service for your trucking accident case. We understand that a trucking accident can have serious ramifications on your personal and work life.
Trucking accidents are fundamentally different from car accidents for two main reasons. First, 18-wheelers are vastly bigger and heavier than other cars on the road. That means that accidents involving big trucks typically involve more grievous injuries and wrongful death than accidents with cars. Because 18-wheelers are so potentially dangerous, extra care is required when operating a big truck on the road. To this end, truck drivers have specialized training and have a heightened duty of care. With great power comes great responsibility – and 18-wheelers are powerful vehicles. The Merman Law Firm works to make sure that when a truck driver or trucking company fails in its responsibilities that the victim is vindicated.
The Merman Law Firm has handled trucking accidents for more than a decade. In every instance, we have endeavored to exceed our client's expectations with our caring representation. From the time of your accident until your case is concluded to your satisfaction, The Merman Law Firm endeavors to provide caring, experienced representation and personal service.
As with any case, your truck accident case begins with a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our firm experienced with trucking accident litigation. If you are injured and decide that The Merman Law Firm is the right firm for your truck accident case, and we determine that we can service your needs and act as your counsel, then we step in and take care of everything we possibly can so that you can focus on healing your body and getting back to your regular life. If you have lost a loved one in a trucking accident, we will help establish the probate proceedings and try to make this process as easy for your as possible.
There is no risk to you when the Merman Law Firm handles your trucking accident case. The Merman Law Firm will front all of the costs of your case and you only pay your lawyer for the fees and expenses if we recover. There are no circumstances where you have to reach into your pocket and pay the Merman Law Firm – either the trucking company (or, more often, their insurance) pays or we do not get paid at all.
We take our motto, “personal service for personal injury victims,” seriously and we want to make this process as simple as possible for you. Some of the things we do to achieve this goal when you have been injured in a car accident are:
- Investigate the accident site,
- Preserve all evidence from the wreck and the vehicles, including ECM data, onboard video, driver’s logs, and other physical evidence when appropriate,
- Open a probate proceeding to ensure the case runs as smoothly as possible,
- Help you resolve the property damage portion of your claim,
- Send notices of our representation to the Trucking Company,
- Open your claim with the appropriate insurance company,
- Order the police report and talk to witnesses,
- Help you find doctors and treatment if you do not have health insurance,
- Collect your medical records,
- Negotiate with insurance,
- Inform you and discuss with you any offers made to settle your suit,
- File your lawsuit if your claim is not settled pre-suit,
- Conduct depositions, hearings, mediation, and a trial;
- Hire and present experts, and
- Keep you informed and answer your questions throughout the process.
We Get Results!
Everything we do is aimed at making the process easy for you and maximizing your recovery. We are very proud of our results and our winning percentage in a trial. Mr. Merman’s personal trial record boasts an 88% winning percentage, including two verdicts over $10,000,000. The Merman Law Firm has handled countless trucking cases. Click Here to read about some representative cases we have handled – we have only listed a few cases – because each case is different and we will treat you as an individual.
It is vitally important to act quickly to protect your claim. Your attorneys will need to view the scene and the evidence before it is moved or altered. Our truck accident attorneys are available to come see you and your family at your home, the hospital or our offices on your schedule. Do not wait to schedule your free consultation.